Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Mom's Birthday

Happy Birthday, Mom!!! Yesterday was my mom's 70th birthday. We had her and my dad over for dinner and cake on Sunday. Dad was pleasant as pie and mom was as sweet as can be. For those who don't know, my mom has Alzheimer's. She is in the mid to upper stages of this heartbreaking disease. Although she suffers very little (which is a good thing), it is very sad and trying for those around her. My mom was adopted and I truly believe we are carrying on her legacy through the adoption of baby Olivia. My mom's condition makes the wait for our baby even more difficult as we want so much for my mom to understand who Olivia is and why she is here. I've learned that grandchildren light up the eyes of their grandparents, especially those with forms of dementia. So, we hope and pray she will be here in time to light up my mother's beautiful blue eyes. I know it will happen...God will see to it.

My mom's lucky number has always been seven (probably because my brother and I were born in the 7th month). Well, she just turned 70, this is the year 2007, and there is a really good chance that our referral will arrive in July....and a lot of babies currently being referred are around 7 months of age. That would be incredible, huh?

Pray first, but think 7!!!

No comments: